Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Great Quote

“People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.”

I got this from Ryan's awesome church talk (Rachel's was awesome too, I practiced her methods yesterday, literally got through just 3 verses, but was able to jot down in my new calendar book, etc.)

On the talkee, talkee, too much talkee bit (thank you again Janaya) I've caught myself in some definitely questioning moments where I am sure I made people feel bad. Anyway, I am going to put this quote on my blog and hopefully have a better reminder to listen and not talk, etc.

Thanks Ryan.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read and the photos.

Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the props. It is a good thing to think about.

I did 1 verse last night and it was great. I got these notebooks 10/$1 at Target. BOMB-diggity!

MarySue said...

GREAT quote. Love it, love you.

Kate said...

That is a good one... and I agree on the talkee, talkee bit.. I think sometimes we feel we need to talk to make people feel comfortable- instead of asking questions and listening.

Kristen said...

amen sister! I know I am not the best listener! See blogging is good!! It's way better than watching sports!!

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...