Sunday, August 05, 2007

I can't sleep



Random Moose shot from our Alta hike a month ago. We've seen moose almost every time we've been in Little Cottonwood this summer. A few nights ago when on a very fun hike with the Creers we saw a momma and baby moose! We always see some deer and did I mention we saw a coyote earlier this week as we were driving up, we slowed down, and with no worries in the world, it was a little deliriously just strutting across the road, almost against our car. Did you all know my husband is a moose magnet (and wild turkey and deer, but mainly moose). If you want to see a moose, bring AK along and it's a guaranteed moose-spot. He's nearly run one over, lucky the moose awoke and got up, or else he really would have run right over it! (Summer 2002, Big Emma at Snowbird with Kate, Harrison, Holden, and baby Weston! don't we have those pics somewhere?)

I got this quiz from my darling friend Mandy Davis from Phoenix/Interact days. Yet another one, I know, but here goes...I changed # 2 because it was kind of creepy, otherwise this quiz is random enough and different. Let me know if you fill it out and post.

1. Do you like cheese? Unfortunately, yes! I could be a frenchie and eat all of the stinky cheese daily.
2. Favorite actor/actress? Matt Damon (I can't wait to see the new Bourne!)
3. Do you own a gun? No, definitely not a gun fan. But my boys have light sabers, so maybe I am protected? hee
4. Your favorite song? Oh dear. Looking at my favorites on our ipods, I guess it's Nothing Better by Postal Service (most played). I have to shout out for Sweet Magdelena of my Misfortune by Cracker!
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes. Especially since the only time I go to the doctor is for gyno appointments and for the kids' shots!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Gross, I try not to think of all of the bones and cartiledge and yuckies of the pig that goes into them, when I feed them to my kids at bbq's.
7. What's your favorite Christmas song? I love the Kelly Clarkson version of 'O Holy Night'
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Soy milk or water. I previously forgot, HOT CHOCOLATE!
9. Can you do push ups? A couple.
10. Is your bathroom clean? Yes, but only because my Andy cleaned it.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Engagement and wedding ring.
12. Favorite Hobby? Reading and right now, blogging
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? Well, on Andy, I think it was knowing the Fletch movies that most impressed him.
14. Favorite clothing store? Fred Segal, Melrose. Of course I can't afford to shop there anymore, but in HS I loved going there and trying on stuff when I had the body for it and looked good in anything.
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? My hair, right now. I just butched it and I am so sad.
16. Middle Name? Boo Stayner (not official)
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I wish I could sleep, I love talking, the air conditioner feels good
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought? You mean like received that I purchased or bought? A snowboard is waiting for me to pick up at REI, sprite and water at the grocery story for a luncheon on Friday, and hair dye (2 colors, that I still haven't used yet) at Rite Aid, because of my recently chopped hair looks extra hidi with the brassy highlights left in it.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Sparkling or soda Water, Soy Milk, and crystal light flavored water.
20. Current worry right now? Money and going to church with my new 'do, seriously pathetic, but I love the girl that cut, but she's there and I don't want to make her feel bad, because I am really bad at hiding my true feelings, etc.
21. Current Hate? Shopping! Because of worry #1
22. Favorite place to be? On my bike in Crystal Cove
23. How did you bring in the New Year? I seriously can't remember. And I was probably sleeping.
24. Where would you like to go? On a bike tour in the south of France or Italy, I know super cliche but I hope I really get to do this someday.
25. Name three people who will complete this and return it? Rachel,maybe, but our family does these a lot of these, so she may be burned out.
26. If you could see the future would you want to? Yes, but as Mandy said, it probably isn't a good thing.
27. What shirt are you wearing? "Sleep shirt" (G force top for those in the know), really quite nothing, not even a nursing bra tonight, too hot! TMI
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No! Yuck, egyptian cotton for me, it has to be really soft, I can't bear sleeping in yucky sheets.
29. Can you whistle? Yes, quite well actually, but no the finger in your mouth loud kind.
30. Favorite color? Blue
31. Would you be a pirate? No, scurvy creeps me out.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever's in my head.
33. Favorite girl's name? Penelope Jane, of course. I do like Giselle and call her Gigi (I am hoping for a sister for P someday, we'll see!)
34. Favorite boy's name? I love Sebastian too, which we totally thought we were naming H that, but haven't had the guts to do it. My next kid (if there is one, but if we win the lottery I want another boy and a girl (Giselle) and we will name the boy Laird or Lincoln probably.)
35. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets currently, but probably a receipt if I had one.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Rob and Big and the manpon espisode.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Laura Ashley, my yellow and blue one, I still have the comforter. Now I always do boring white sheets. ALthough the Ralph Lauren I got for college was softer and even prettier (I think I still have this comforter too).
38. Worst injury you've ever had? I "broke my back" in HS. It was more of a cracked vertebrae thing, and I had to quit volleyball over it, very sad.
39. Do you love where you live? Yes I do.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2.
41. Who is your loudest friend? To compete with me? It's got to be one of my sisters, probably Megan. But I can definitely compete.
42. Who is your most silent friend? Kristi Goldsberry.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? No.
44. Do you wish on shooting stars? Yes.
45. What is your favorite book? Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, ever since 1993
46. What is your favorite candy? Milk Duds, I can't resist them.
47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? Probably A Wink and A Smile (also my debutante theme song) otherwise I can't think of another song I requested, although I am sure I did!
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I can't recall the name, but it's in the church Hymnbook; and probably a wink and a smile.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? sleeping
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Going mountain biking with Kate (I woke up at 6 am to be at her house at 6:30 and I was early!)
THE END!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I told you not to cut your hair!! I such, though, it looks cute as you can pull anything off. Manpon, seriously, "What is that, SON?"

go boo boo said...

It's all good. I dyed it normal this morning and immediately felt 150% better about it.

MarySue said...

What a fun way to learn more about one another.

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...