Sunday, February 12, 2006

Valentine Kidnapped


Yesterday morning, H handed me a note, I assumed it was a drawing or love note from him, but it had a message from AK. On it read something to effect that at 2 pm - until Saturday afternoon I was to be away from the children/out of the house. I was to pack a bag with PJ's, toothbrush, and a change of clothes. Of which we later returned to pick up bathers and the toothbrush I forgot. So darling Dori, AK's sister came to sit with the kids. The kids could not have been happier. And Andy took me away. I was so surprised and tried to continue to be surprised, but it killed me to be so out of control of what was going on. We ended up at the very nice downtown Marriott and good thing I brought a bag, no, not a suit case, an Aciphex bag full of my clothes/toiletries. I was a little embarrassed. The hotel is much more posh than like the Marriott vacation condos that we are usually staying at, which the bag would work. Anywhoo, went to a nice dinner and spent Saturday morning at Doug & Emmy's and then at Snowbasin for a very fun day of snowboarding and snuggling and lounging in the gondolas and slopes. I love AK and I know he loves me. What a great getaway Valentine's date. I don't think I have ever been more surprised and thrilled. I am very spoiled and getting snotty with my snowboarding days. As AK would tell you... Thanks AK!

AK took this picture of us resting our feet - mid-mountain along the Strawberry side of SnowBasin.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is just about the cutest thing ever! How nice of Andy to think that all up. No worries on the Achiphex bags...they are the best and work for any situation (to carry up groceries in SF or for the pool at the YMCA). MISS YOU!

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...