Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Breakdown

So starting with my Thursday hair chopping (it's gone, the long, flowing,, shedding locks are gone), which was (I thought) thoroughly considered and thought out for months now, so it couldn't have been a result of my following breakdown. So I was sad, I have no hair, I look like a boy, my darling nieces and nephews and friends' kids are way too honest with their words and looks, but trying to be sweet because they know that it really looked better before and know how long it will take to grow out again. Then I went to bed and woke up too early on Saturday (fun bike ride, totally worth it) but got really grumpy with lots of fun activities (Home Depot for making art boxes with the kids, etc.) by the late afternoon when we discovered O had left his backpack which contained his bather and whatnot at Home Depot, I was looking for trouble. And most of you know me, I need my sleep, and when I am grumpy, I HAVE HAD IT. On top of this I had found some old junk in the garage and was reading through an old journal, mostly during our trip to Spain (yeah, go Sister Cici) but then our experience in Casper, Wyoming. Wow, was I ever depressed. Poor sweet H, he was the happiest little critter, while I wallowed in bed while a world of drabness and a husband that was on the road 85% of the work week was gone. But what depressed me today was how I was all upset that I weighed still 10 pounds more than pre-preg, which today is 20 pounds more! So I got in my bather and headed over to Kate's to dive in to the very invigorating waters. Sunday was all good, except I had made a big boo-boo with my sister, who will remain nameless, and whose wrath is not cool (sisters attest). I think we are all good now.?. Also, I have issues with finance, my husband's employment, and more. Kids are totally chill and fabulous. So I am so grateful for friends. It seems when I hit my low this week (Monday morning), my friends were calling me. Mostly out of the blue, and some because we were to do planned things this week. I wasn't answering or returning calls, but I acknowledged that I needed to know and feel of their love and comfort and friendships. So poor darling Hill, who I finally connected with, got a full-unleashed unloading of my stuff. Then I talked to Villi yesterday and I let her know I was having a 1/3 life crisis and she replied well, of course, you are post-partum! Okay yes! I love being able to pin-point er blame my sorrows on something, it really made me feel much better. And I realized today that I kind of hit a wall while trying to entertain my kids in these last days of summer. It's really working for them, they are happy and crashing to bed early (O at 6pm snuck off to la-la land!) I just wanted to bring it all down to reality for y'all. I'll tell you about the fun we had this week (hint it involves some bikes, a pool, rock climbing, a park or two, a few babysitters, and the cookies & pizza that O & JR made). No wonder I am crazy right?

13 comments:

Andy said...

No comments yet, and it's been almost 12 hrs?? The bloggers are hesitant to get involved?? All I can say is, your hair rocks (and it grows longer every day). You have a rough job, and you are doing a gr8 job of it. jtm

Rachel said...

I just saw this post. Sorry for the late comment. Are you taking the drugs? DO IT. AND CALL ME AND MY BIG BUTT, short hair any time. HELLO!? Love your guts, dude!!!!!

Kate said...

You are beautiful... I really, honestly love your hair! Sorry about the wrath (good try covering that one up) sorry- I can be a beothch sometimes... thanks for being my bff and putting up with me. We are going to have so much fun this weekend... I hope you are as excited as us.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll leave a comment and not just anonymously stalk your blog. Annette, I totally love you, your blog, your short hair, and your mommy overachiever-dom. Call me any time you're having a breakdown, since I seem to be having one almost daily lately. =) Hello, I'm like a block away. We can sit and nurse and cheer each other up. BTW, I can't picture you depressed, not today or in your Wyoming days. You pull having a breakdown off very beautifully, I'd say!

Christie K said...

Do new mom all cut off their hair after delivery? Alsa mine is now short as well (and not very well liked). Motherhood is often a taxing job, full of trials but I'm sure you are doing a beautiful job at handling this situation (as those who know you best seem to indicate). Just remember your trying to do it all, be a great mom, wonderful wife, fabulous friend, all the while attempting to take care of yourself and your own needs as well which I have no doubt fall by the wayside to make sure the other jobs are getting proper attention.(Side note: Did you know that pediatrics now recommend that moms spend at least one hour a day away from their children) If it's any consolation, at times we all feel like a break down is right around the corner. To be truthful, there have been a few times when I wish they would committ me, just to get away from it all. It would seem like a vacation. Know that you are loved and that I pray for all of us short haired, not down to pre-pregnancy weight mothers daily.
P.S. Andy you are a beautiful man to post your comment. I can't tell you how happy I am to call you brother-in-law. You are also very loved.

go boo boo said...

Thanks. I love you guys! I am super smiling now.

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to see the short hair! I think the only reason I ever chop mine all off is because I always think you look gorgeous with short hair! You are a fabulous Mommy and it's obvious to anyone who sees it in your childrens eyes. You are wonderful and loved by all of us. Love you so much!!!!

Megan B said...

Three words for you baby...DRUGS ARE GOOD! And our hero of hair Laurel Chirico always says, "A woman grows up and then cuts off her hair." So welcome to the grown-up world. And besides, with your beauty, you could be bald. Get your drugs, hug your amazing husband (HELLO...who do you know that blogs like that??? what a man.), kiss your beautiful kids and know that you are loved by many. What could be better?

go boo boo said...

Yes, sorry ladies, but my husband truly is the best all around!

Christie K said...

Well, I agree he is a great guy but his brother might just give him a run for his money for best all aroound.

Trevlyn said...

Wow, what a cheering section you have, sweetie! I agree with all that's been said and am dying to see the hair! You are truly awesome and I love ya!

Kristen said...

I am so glad to see that you have breakdowns occasionally too. I know that is selfish but sometimes our emotions get the best of us. I am also glad to see that you and your sisters argue sometimes!! Because so do we! what a nice boyfriend you have!! where did you get him?

JoJo said...

I love you Boo! We all have down days... but all you have to do is look atour beautiful life... great husband, amazing kids, friends... etc, etc. And for the record, I really DO like your hair. Of course I've always thought you could pull off any look because of your natural beauty and stunning smile. :)

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...