Friday, September 14, 2007

Bacterial Conjunctivitis

So H missed his first day of school this week, I know, already! He didn't miss a day of Kindergarten (when I totally should have taken advantage) and probably 2 days in 2 years of pre-K. I am kind of crazy like that, but I still remember my year of absentless days at Roy O. Andersen in third grade Mrs. Reid ("Misery") because I got some really cool paper certificate and probably a pencil. I mean it really is important to be in school, Andy is much more on board with this as I will say, hey when you are in Orlando with work in 2 weeks (wait for the breakdown), I might just go down to California and hang with the family (taking just 4 days off school! due to UEA, whatever that is). But then again, on H's one day off, his homework had something to do with making a 'pictograph' which neither of his University-degree carrying parents really knew was (and I was an Econ major and thus lots of Stats classes - which I rocked by the way). I put in my cents that he had to actually draw out the "shirts" and their patterns, etc. Which I seemed kind of tough for H but he rocked it. Anyway, I still remember coming to school and having no clue was vowels were when everyone was singing away "A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Y" and I've always figured "I must have missed that day of school!". So I might be traumatized, but the saddest part was he didn't even feel bad or sick at all, he was happy as a clam, and equally devastated to miss going to school, but his eyes were bright, shot red, like seriously I kept thinking "he looks like a vampire" but didn't say it aloud because I didn't want to explain what a vampire does/is, and obviously I am reading Stephanie Meyer's books (along with the rest of SAH society). His eyes weren't pink eye puffy but we called into the Pediatrician and got some ciloxen anyway, and then later cruised over to our Eye Doctor neighbor's house who checked them out and explained away the bacterial and and advances and how he would need to be out of school one more day and then back to school on Friday. So to keep this shorter than already necessary, H was back to school yesterday, and so was O, who I was treating with the meds, and was developing a tinge of "pot-smoking-like" eye redness (at some point I seriously wondered, have they been somewhere where someone was smoking pot, seriously, that kind of red-eye). All was 90% better today, and he happily has a playdate with his bestest friend T. But if the class comes down with, not Pink Eye (as Dr. Keller emphasized) but this other highly infectious eye goober, they will know which Mom to blame. Very exciting, but that's what's up.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Poor H! :( I hope both boys are 100% better soon!

MarySue said...

Hope you've got the "All's Clear" sign with those lovable boys and no one else gets the ick. I always liked having the herb Eye Bright on hand for the ick.

Kate said...

Talkee talkee no more talkee! J/K - I hope my kids don't get conjunctivititiisd..d.fsdsf or whatever....The boys had a great time tonight thanks for coming over and hanging out...

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...