Thursday, January 31, 2008

GBH II & Testimony


I am so happy that President Hinckley is re-united with his darling Marjorie (and his brother and friend Jesus, Joseph Smith, his fun fellow apostles that preceded him, can't you just imagine this fun reunion?). I am happy his very busy life here on Earth is over and he can rest (hopefully!). I will miss his wit and wisdom and integrity and honor and humility and courage. I am sad in that I hope to be living as he has been guided to instruct me. I think of being prepared (financially, spiritually, and for disaster and such), and I think of being better. I think of his testimony of Joseph Smith, and I have seriously pondered this the last few days, and I am so happy to report that I too have a testimony of Joseph Smith. I know that miracles did not cease with the Apostasy, but returned through the faith and prayers of a young, guidable man. That he saw the Father and the Son, two separate beings, in bodies just like ours (I am reading 'A Marvelous Work and a Wonder' can you tell?). And that he saw the Angel Moroni, who told him where to find the gold plates, and that everything thereafter occurred when it did and how it did for a greater purpose. I am grateful for Joseph's courage and for his life of self-less living to accomplish this greater good. How amazing to live in a time when one that had lived on the Earth, returned from heaven to help people and to show them the right way, through Moroni. I know that miracles occurred through Joseph, just as miracles continue today, and worked through GBH to make him the amazing man he became. I love and know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, and the Bible to be the word of God. I feel so amazingly blessed to live with this knowledge and in this time that we have all of these tools to live by. Amen.

And is anyone else absolutely unable to get through 'Praise to the Man' like me?

4 comments:

Carrigan Clan said...

LOVE that post! Ditto. Couldn't have said it better than that. And one chorus of "Praise to the Man" and I'm a goner.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jody says, "Thank You" for your beautiful testimony. It moved me to greater heights and now I think I need to get out our book and blow off the dust and read it also. Love and Hugs

Izzy Jo Smith said...

Hi Annette -
I have been meaning to respond to your note a while back on my blog. Sorry I am so late. This is a great tribute to a great man we will all miss. I really enjoyed reading it!
Hope to see you soon!
Lisa

MarySue said...

Time well spent reading this moving post. Thank you for the time you put in it and your love and testimony.

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...