Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fancy Art Show

A piece of David Meikle's Canyon Color, which hangs in their home. It is truly stunning.

The 'GnomeBearers' of Fred Conlon

Andy and I were honored to be invited to and be able to attend the CNS Art and Soup Artist and Friends preview last night. We loved being offered trays of wine, wherein I absentmindedly waved my hand like I was Obi Wan (saying "These aren't the droids you are looking for") using the force and saying "No thank you". Andy got a kick from that. Best of all We got to see a lot of incredible art, our favorite being from the amazing David Meikle (pronounced like nickle - just for the record). Wow. And don't even think of asking to commission a piece, as he is way backed up, and Lacey (his wife and my friend) might kill me.

As we were browsing we happened upon a most spectacular scene of metal flying pigs, monsters carrying and binding gnomes, and other very cool metal sculptures that I totally want in my yard. The artist Fred Conlon was very friendly and quickly introduced himself, and we later learned is a good friend of the Egbert-Meikles. Check his stuff out here -
Funky art. I am now extra jealous, not only does Lacey have her house full of huge, beautiful Meikle pieces, but she now has a Fred ladybug.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds great! Scott graduated in drawing and painting, so we obviously find it interesting! Hey, I would LOVE to do a tri with you! I was just trying to figure out which ones I wanted to do this summer. Just let me know what you want to do.

Lacy said...

I had fun too! Thanks for the holler in Davy M's direction.

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...