Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Weekend Preview

I have some really cute pictures from today, but I am too weary to go get the cord and the camera, etc. because at 6:30 am I went to tennis lesson/work out with the ladies, then by 9 the kids and I were up at Red Butte for a gorgeous and awesomely lonesome morning stroll and hike, then we came back to nap P, then went out again, picked up some Wendy's (I totally blame my latest affinity for Wendy's on Liz by the way), and headed to the zoo for a quick picnic, animal tour, playground play, and elephant show. AK and I are heading to the temple tonight, thanks to Dori Lu and her entertaining the kids' skills. We are gearing up for some cemetery visits (we will plan on going to the usual 5 sites) this weekend. The kids are strangely excited. They know and love these visits, more for the little lamby by the SL Cemetery Stayner obelisk and all of the pinwheels by Marjorie and of course picking the flowers for all of the sites. But I tend to think they like the stories about their Grandpa's Uncle, their Great Grandparents, and Great Great Great ancestors (with the multiple wives and such, but I don't think we've gotten that far in conversation about it yet!). Did I mention we didn't have school today...I know we should've left early and snagged some Memorial Day Moab camping sites or something vacationy/productive. Oh well, it is nice to be home and motivate AK to work on the yard. I know that sounds rude, but I really don't think I am allowed to touch the broken sprinkler, but I did plant my nurtured veggie seedlings this week. They are looking good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, speak for yourself, lady. I hardly EVER NEVER get Wendy's anymore. When I was pregnant though it was for sure a couple burgers a week. So you ARE going to the temple? I guess we're out of time to try to scrounge up a babysitter. Where can I get me a sweet auntie like Dori?? Try to send some of that good spiritual nourishment my way, I guess.

Rachel said...

Sounds awesome! We will hit the cemetery too, but your trip sounds like much more fun:)

Shanakin Skywalker said...

No one I know is buried here in St. George. Hey, you wouldn't happen to be going to the Sandy Larkin sites would you? If so, say hi to my mom. (Ewww... that was kind of morbid, wasn't it? She's laughing though, I promise.)

Brooke said...

Just reading your Friday schedule makes my head spin. Sounds like a fun day! I liked your post about Coke. I have heard that rumor too and wondered if any of it was true. I too voted for Archuletta. So sad he lost, he is so sweet. My nephew goes to Murray with him. He said he is a great guy, shy but very nice.

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...