Monday, May 19, 2008

The Mormon's Own Coca Cola Theory & Eldon

I've had to vigilantly defend the ridiculousness of the claim that the LDS church owns the majority of stock and/or just flat out owns Pepsi and/or Coca Cola once before. Today it was more like, oh you don't drink coffee, but you drink coke because your church okayed it since they bought all of that stock in coke. It is 2008. I was too in shock to respond. Here is the snopes report on the subject for the interested.

On a somber note: I cried mighty hard today (sorry Jennie O. I totally lost it) because Eldon, my favorite neighbor, tomato sharer, and swing and chat buddy, and favorite place for O to knock on the door, and the first guy that said P's name (I didn't even know his at the time, and he already knew my P), and her favorite recognized dude (beside Dad), and Hall Sunday School class buddy, is in the ICU, off of life support today, and just not doing well and wasn't out gardening in his yard, or available for a chat about traveling, jazz, or entering names for geneology. The boys and I have offered our prayers of peace for Eldon and his family. I miss him gardening in his huge gorgeous yard and I hope he's back soon, so we can go visit and hear about his love and knowledge of jazz, or as I last stopped him while rocking out in his car to a BBC recording of his beloved jazz tunes. We love Eldon and the amazing and true happiness he spreads and gives freely to everyone he meets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eldon is amazing. I only hope I can be that fun and interested knowing and talking to everybody when I am in my 80's. I am so sad.

Anonymous said...

Why can't you edit your commments in here when you make a typo? Anyone?

Rachel said...

I am sorry. That is sad.

Liz, I don't know except to delete the comment and start over.

Jennie-O said...

Eldon was one of the only people in our ward to call M by her name too. I love that about him & I also love his gardening advice.

Lacy said...

Eldon was my first friend in the ward. He sat by us every Sunday our first summer here and always lifted my spirits. He was my inspiration to begin my garden and he loves to chat all the time. I too love Mr. Eldon.

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...