Sunday, June 14, 2009

If I had no respect and/or love for my husband I would so be signing up for this event and going to visit my best friend Lorian...but since I have used up all running & triathlon event "budget" for the year (much like Andy has run out of vacation days) I will have to contemplate the fun for next year. I do love the AK.

http://www.seejanerun.com/t-See-Jane-Tri.aspx

By the way...we just got back from Bear Lake where amidst the cooler temps and spotty drizzles the kids had fun at the "beach", I got in a few good mountain bike rides (great climbs!), and we had a blast hosting the Lorimers and their deliciously perfect, sleeping through the night, 4 month old darling Charlie. Charlie alone was almost enough entertainment for PJane, who is ever the handful, but really a giggling delight of tomboyish wonder. It was a great weekend escape. Oh and the cabin remodel is really great! We loved being able to bake in an oven and cook on a real stove top (as opposed to a hot plate!). We can't wait to go back (a few more times this year! Yeah!).

Andy is off to Dallas for the week. Seriously, from tomorrow morning until Friday night (flies in at 8pm!). I am trying to stay positive and brick up my mental fortress to handle the darlings, break free (okay I totally plan on a few hours of babysitting) but you know how I handle this...not so loverly. But this time, it's going to be a breeze...the house will magically become clean and lint free (when has that ever happened), laundry will be put away (as if), meals will be home-made and nutritious (try not to rely on McD's down the street this week), okay, something like that. Shoot for the moon right? If I hit the rooftop I will still feel good.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I was about to offer to help you this week and then I realized that I'm totally useless. Tim is going out of town Thursday through Saturday and I am already feeling the panic rising. Sad we missed Bear Lake - glad you had fun!

Rachel said...

I want to see pictures of the cabin so I can show Ryan and convince to go there one day:)

You should see my house even with my husband around it is a PIT of h-e-double hockey sticks! I seriously am thinking about calling my friend to help me out.

MarySue said...

Glad you had such a fun vacation in Bear Lake. It sounds wonderful.

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...