Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"New" Closet


Speechless...and you probably are too if you've seen my closet in the last five years, or ever! An Angel was sent to me, in the form of Chelsea L. to get my house in order, and add some fun things too. But, I guess before the fun stuff, we've got to see what we are working with, and at our house it is excess clothing, and lots of stuff to D.I. (the Goodwill around here). It was great to have Chelsea to guide me and assist me in throwing shoes, ripped jeans, and other items I had been carrying around for years (like up to 17 years!). I am usually good at D.I.ing but there were just some things I didn't part with (until now). Thank you Chelsea! Now onto finishing the kids' closets, and tackling my downstairs "hidden" closet.

For the record, my room is clean. So, the excess stuff really is put away, thrown away, or given away!

This just in...the boys' closet. And I can't wait to show you when Chelsea finishes with the boys' room design. More to come...

7 comments:

Pat said...

she was almost as excited as you. Organization is one of her favorite things.

Chelsea said...

it takes a real friend to tell you to get rid of 4 pairs of 200 dollar jeans.
the boys closet looks so good!

Sidney said...

I can tell that Chelsea is a woman after my own heart. Declutter and organize! Glad you 'hired' her to help you out. The closet looks great!

the conleys said...

it looks great!!!!! wow, I really need to do this...

p.s. so fun running into you at Ikea!!!

and, so sorry for ditching you, I felt so badly after we left... you guys probably should have joined us for
In 'n Out and the Sweet Tooth Fairy...

MarySue said...

Great job! Loved catching up on your blog and loved more our fun time with your darlings at Cherry Hill and Lagoon!!!!!!!

Susan S said...

The closets all look fabulous! Good for you! Granda Ma Ethel would be so proud!

Eisha said...

where did you get that grid-like shoe rack? I have been searching the web and just can't find one!! Email me--alishaswinton@gmail.com

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...