Friday, March 16, 2007

Owen's Pirate Party


Today, we had 11 4-year-old guests, a few 5-year-old, 4 6th grade helpers, Andy, Myself, & John romping around our little backyard for Owen's 4th birthday celebration! It was so great! Thankfully the weather was beautiful so we didn't do it inside at all, which was so great since I really only "deep" cleaned the bathroom. Captain Jack Sparrow (AK's darling cousin Carl Evans) entertained and played with the kids almost the entire time, making the party super fun and quite easy. We did the usual pinata, cake, ice cream, balls, bubbles, we added swords, which were a supreme hit, even with the few girls. I didn't plan on letting them play with the very rounded, ball tipped swords, but more as a take away gift, more because I was sure they would all break (very cheap!), but no one was nearly hurt and they loved whacking Jack Sparrow with them. It was a great 2 hour play date which I am so happy to have over with. I am just so glad Owen wasn't neglected this birthday and that he will remember it fondly instead of that his mother is 5 days away from giving birth! Now I officially have nothing else on my calendar but baby. Thank goodness because my feet are super sore and I still look ridiculous. I have a few returns to make, but that is it! Caroline had her baby this morning - I was so excited for her! Little Baby Sophie, I can't wait to see her. She and Amanda Jane and ? will be great friends! Again, I just can't believe my buddy and baby Owen is going to be 4 tomorrow! He is awesome and so happy and fun! I love that kid! I will keep him, even if he does keep growing up and making me sad because of it - cliche, but to you working Mom's (none of which I know read this of the 3 of you) it goes by so fast! I can't imagine missing any of it (except for the nice pre-school breaks!).

No comments:

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...