Sunday, May 27, 2007

First "Hike" of the Season

 

So this is Holden today up at the Silver Lake trail. Okay, it's a walk around nature (since we were even strolling the very not dirt trail friendly snap 'n go (even the 5 year old "ghetto" one Katie and I keep giving away to each other). So we were walking along, and the boys got into the snow, and I stopped to adjust the camera, when whammo, a very cold snowball landed me squarely on and in my upper chest area. I look up and Owen is standing 20 feet away from me. I was quite proud of the aim really, but did not appreciate the gesture. P wasn't too cooperative so we made it about a quarter of the way around (which is not very far at all). There were young boys, maybe our boys' ages running around being timed by their dad or uncle, which we thought if they are camping, they are very clever, because it would certainly wear them out to get to sleep early! It was a beautiful Sunday apres midi. Hey, still check out Andy's blog (he hasn't updated yet, but he will, I made it his home page, and he set up Picasa to easily put pics on).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Trevlyn said...

Wow! I'm just jealous that you were in snow!!! Nice arm, O!!!

Trevlyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MarySue said...

Holden looks like he is really enjoying the snow. This appears to be a great hike. How is the garden? Any watermelon or zucchini peeking up yet? Hope you were able to find pumpkin plants or seeds. Love and miss you all loads.

JoJo said...

So fun! Have fun in CA!

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...