Friday, June 01, 2007

Going back to Cali...

Yes, I am here. A fun little first girls' trip for P & I (until the boys come in late tonight.) As you might have seen on Rachel's blog I was sick last night. I started getting a headache on the plane, and then it just stayed with me, until it got really bad at a $250/plate dinner for Jeff Madsen as Father of the Year dinner and Diabetic fundraiser, I felt really ill and couldn't wholly appreciate the dinner. We arrived late and left very early, since my Mom had to pick up Dad from the airport, and I had started to feel like I might throw up. I prayed to at least make it to Rachel's house, ran in, told Ryan (who was holding P) I was going to throw up, asked Rachel for a rubber-band (to hold back my hair), and very soon thereafter... I still don't know if it was a migraine thing (i rarely get headaches!) or what. That is the whole gross story. So thank goodness I felt better about an hour later, and got some shopping in this morning - Vons & H&M. Yes, Vons, like the supermarket, my life even on vacation is so boring. No it's actually really great. I love being here chilling with Rachel & the girls. I & P seem to really like each other and P has been so happy. And of course, Mia is always utterly charming (even when she is either spinning or tearing down an H&M rack). Love it!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

sounds fun. i'm glad you're not still sick. :)

Kate said...

i am glad you are feeling better... that is the worst-- you didn't sound so good when I talked to you last night. I am jelous that you get to hang out with Rachel - she is fun. Love you and hope you are having a relaxing time...

Trevlyn said...

Wow! Hope you're much better and having an awesome time!!!!

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...