Zoo Trip late September. The fearless foursome and H & W being elephants.
- Paint and the effect it has on making my house my home. After 2 years (almost exactly) we've finally rid our upstairs walls of the all too familiar (from our last house) too light yellow, burgundy entry (I know I can't believe I left it that long either) and green kitchen. Okay, the green kitchen is looking better, but we do plan on painting it early next week. I'll post pictures and paint colors as soon as I can take a picture to show them.
- An in-house do it yourself hubby. This was 10 years coming, but we finally have started to do things on our own. Re-finishing floors to even picking our own paint colors. He is amazing and people keep asking for his help now and I'm like "dude", but I guess now I know a little what Megan must feel like having to dole out her husband and his mad work skills.
- Tivo - And not for what you think, it's for Conference baby. I can't get enough, but it was really nice to come home from church, do a little nursing while watching the tube, and instead of tuning into 'SNL' from the night before, I watched Elder Uchdorf and revisited Sister Beck's awesome talk. Yes, seriously, I know it's so hypocritical, coming home and watching 'SNL', I have issues.
- Knobby Knees - On the heels of Kate's H blogs about the kiddos getting older and bigger, I checked out H's legs today and he had these big boys knees and legs. I couldn't believe it. I keep telling them they are not allowed to get bigger, and they keep getting bigger.
- Little Brothers - Every time H masters a skill, or practices something, from chin-ups to reading and writing, I can see a twinkle in O's eye that comes from his brain that is thinking "I've got to do that!". Lately, he's been working on his letters, totally on his own, copying from books, sky-writing, everything. I keep telling him, "dude, you are 4, you don't need to write yet, draw a picture", but this kid keeps on writing. He can now write "the zoo" and he wrote "hoezel zoo" and "Halloween" quite amazingly, I just told him the letters to write. I'm not trying to brag, it's almost kind of freaky, like seriously I showed or told him how to write "the zoo" like once, 2 weeks ago, and he just did it on his own yesterday. He reminds me of a certain man we call "Chuckles" and his "photographic memory" of which he is in denial of, but seriously, he remembers everything. O's still trying on the chin-ups, but he's getting there.
- The power of the Priesthood in my home. My dh is amazing. He gave an awesome talk in church today, alongside his awesome EQ President and fellow counselor. They are quite a trio of great men.
- Many more things if I just continue to sit here and babble on and on and on...and on.