Sunday, December 24, 2006

I got this from Leslie, Rachel's darling friend http://flowerchain.blogspot.com/, as I am pouring over her darling blog while I wait for the kids to really be asleep this Christmas Eve!

Here goes:1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Always hot chocolate, but I do love a cup or two of egg nog during the season. I used to love it so much my mom would home make it for me!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Unwrapped on your place on a couch or chair with the stocking. I have done the wrapped thing before, but now I strive just to have it out of the box.
3. Colored lights or white lights? Colored lights. I used to do blue, in honor of our very star of david neighborhood growing up (Lighthouse Lane), but in Utah its too BYU, so now we have red and green. I love white on the tree though.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Aunt Terry's rainbow jello (does that count?) or wassail.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I remember jacuzzi-ing on Christmas Eve at 3 Muir Beach Cir and totally seeing santa's sleigh in the sky. I am pretty sure Liz was with me. I also totally peeked that year (we had two sets of stairs and an elevator, so it was easy to do) and still being confused on how I ended up with a unicycle! I was like 7 or 8!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? It might have been the same unicycle year, because even though I totally saw santa's sleigh in the sky, the unicycle still haunts me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just the PJs.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, weak star on top (I am looking for a great angel/star topper if anyone has a suggestion), colorful balls, radko type ornaments, and collections over the years, its very casual. Holden & O did a great job putting on the ornaments this year!
11. Snow: love it or dread it? Love it, especially on Christmas. I mean if I was in CA I would be stoked to go the beach on Christmas day, but have it, so love it.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, and we really want to take the boys this next week!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Any surprise is great. Maybe a warhol print my mom framed after we saw the exhibit at the old NBAM.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being happy with my family doing memorable things, and teaching my kids about Christ's birth. - ditto Leslie.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Meltaways, thank goodness I only had/made them once!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? PJs and Christmas Eve nativity at Drew & Terry's.
17. What tops your tree? Cheesy star.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I love the giving, I wish I could afford to give more - not to my own kids, they have enough, but to sub for santa and stuff. I love the surprise though!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night & Mary's Lullaby
20. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum, but I only really eat the lollipops with the tootsie in the middle.

No comments:

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...