Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mike Mills

I am the way bigger R.E.M fan. I really like Mike Mills. Mikey Miller (Tustin/Foothill people might know him) was the name of the first boy I kissed, which fueled my like of Mikey Mills further. Dan Patrick has a great interview with Mike Mills that AK caught last week or so. I used to watch their "unplugged" after 6 am seminary and before school every morning in 1992-93. We have been playing our collection of R.E.M. over and over the last few days. I think I got turned off for awhile because Michael Stipe is kind of too freaky for me. AK told me about this awesome Mike Mills interview. And that 'Half a World Away' is our new song, since when I would watch this, AK was half a world away in Argentina. I don't know if this is a result of Radiohead's new album and amazing web-"concert" yesterday or that it's R.E.M.'s year of induction into the Rock 'n Roll hall of fame or what. But our ipods are certainly dialed in. Thanks to Jesse for a few of the albums. Loved that H was singing 'Superman' all morning, and I hope he sang it all day at school too. Do you R.E.M.?

6 comments:

Pat said...

I stopped listening to R.E.M. after "Crush with Eyeliner". Weird song. But then again, I was just a young whippersnapper then - 11 years old, and I much preferred Rage Against the Machine's self titled album. I gave R.E.M. up for Rancid, Greenday, and Less than Jake that summer, and the punk years began.

Anonymous said...

I love Nightswimming.

And I can't picture Pat as a punk for the life of me.

Pat said...

Baggy clothes, obnoxious loud music, black shaggy hair/pathetic goatee, spike belt, etc. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures (maybe fortunately).

Pat said...

I bet the hair is the hardest to picture. I did at one time have much more.

Anonymous said...

No, I think the spike belt is the hardest to picture.

Pat said...

Three rows of pyramid spikes, custom skull belt buckle (made it my self) and embossed hotwheels flame logo on the end. It was rad.

O Ye That Embark in the service of God - Holden to Peru Trujillo South Mission 9/11/19

Holden has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Peru Trujillo South mission.  He spe...